I just wanted to say happy new year to the community, without you guys, we would still be living in the dark ages. Here are a few that I am looking forward to in the new year:
- Oracle Sun merger:- The untold future of NetBeans, MySQL, Swing and every open source that Sun has been working on in the past. What would happen to Sun Open Source (SOS!!!) Movement.
- Looking forward to JavaFX1.3 release, Authoring tool and improved Composer plugin.
- Android uprise against iPhone (not because I can easily write Android based application) and hopefully with Visual XML builder to build Android UI. JavaFX running on Android, anybody????
- Looking forward to seeing real-world JavaFX application and possibly a showcase linked to the JavaFX.com site.
- Java EE 6 support in Google App Engine
- Google Wave open to the public and how well it does against Twitter and Facebook
- Java Store open to Europe (well this is where I am based and want to sell applications not just provide free).
- My new video blog ( well that’s me trying to be more Armel 2.0 – the sequel) to better engage with the community.
- looking forward to networking with fellow developers and techies.
- looking forward to the new buzzwords (old technology, new name)
Well, 2009 is was good year for Java and tech scene. I hope that you all enjoyed the year as much as I did. Why not share what wish list with me (comment box). Subscribe to follow my blog as I will try to bring more interesting articles in the new year.
Happy 2010 New Year, wish you all; success, properity, fame (yup) and fortune. Don’t forget, if you need a server-side, UI, Android or JavaFx developer, just mail me.